Thursday, December 31, 2009

Should auld acquaintance be forgot???

2010 rang in as the Evil One and I hopped out of the auto back from the church. I ran down the street to the guy selling heart shaped balloons and bought ten of them off him (a steal at $2 for the lot), with Evil trying to hurry me along so we could see the fireworks at the Taj next door from her balcony. When I bought the balloons I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them - what exactly do you do with a bunch of red, heart shaped balloons after the age of five??? - but in the elevator on the way up (let me tell you, ten balloons in an elevator is no small feat) I figured it out. We made wishes for the new year on them and released them off the balcony into the night.

Since I am NOT a math geek, I celebrated the beginning of the millenium at midnight 2000, which means that THIS is the beginning of a new decade for me. I gotta say, the last one was not bad - I spent the majority of it in relatively good shape, toured a lot of the world...okay, so it didn't have the fantastic music that the nineties can claim, and that decade also brought the Q girls into my life, although it was in the 00's that we came up with that title, and the 00's brought even more new and exciting friends into my life, so I can't complain too much.
I don't get too introspective on New Year's, and I don't want to start now. I don't make resolutions - not really. Personally, I find myself doing that around my birthday (and to a lesser extent, the anniversary of my baptism), and rather than resolutions, I make wishes, ones that I have a personal responsibility for bringing to pass. So my new year has already started - my new decades, my thirties, started five months back, and so far, I've gotta say they've been pretty great. I hope everyone else's goes the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment