Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lazy Day

It is 3:36 PM and I have yet to leave my apartment. I talked for two hours this morning to Tori, then read, slept, read....etc, with a little chili cooking thrown in....until coming in here to look at plane tickets. Here's the score:
18 days without pop.
6 days of exercise:
Sunday: Belly Dance practice
Monday: Biking and jogging
Tuesday: Swimming
Wednesday: Biking
Thursday: Walking to the Sailing Club and back
Friday: Swimming
And we'll make it seven once the sun goes down a bit more - maybe I'll dance in here a bit before heading to the pool.

The problem is, I don't feel like anything's happening yet. The scale tells me nothing's happening yet. This is one of the reasons I didn't have any success at getting things started last year - I'd have a few really good days but it's hard to keep going without results. But I'm determined to keep going til I leave this country, so I have to get some results at some point. Especially if I add more good habits into the mix. Next on my list is to start packing my lunches again, and then to quit eating out. My mocktails experiments this past week were not wildly successful and as I've been told, juice doesn't have any less calories than coke, so I think those are out, but I'm going to keep the tang and lemon barley water, just to satisfy my sweet tooth and give me a little variety. I think I'll also fast tonight over it. I really want to be healthy again.

1 comment: