Sunday, August 7, 2011

Birthday on the Lawn

I've been 32 a week now. I suppose this post is overdue, but I've been kind of busy since then. Busy vacationing, that is. But my 32nd birthday was a pretty good one, and I thought I'd tell you about it.

Evil One and company had talked about going to see Casablanca out at Wolf Trap. They do this thing there where they have the National Symphony Orchestra play the orchestration for movies, and this was one of them. I thought it sounded pretty cool, so I gave them the green light. There's not much else to say about that part of it. Music = good. Movie (which I had never seen) = good. As Evil pointed out, it isn't, when you really think about it, all that romantic, but then, which of the great classic romances are?

The thing about these movie nights at Wolf Trap is, in order to see the screen you have to get there early to claim your corner of the lawn. So we got there an hour and a half early.

What are six wild and crazy girls to do with an hour and a half? Stuff our faces, that's what. However, in picnics past, in my crazy family, we've brought things like sandwich meat and bread. Silly, I know. These girls broght normal things: crackers, cheese, and fruit.

Come to think of it, I guess those aren't half bad ideas. It was what they DID with said food items that I found so appalling! FRUIT on top of your cheese and crackers??? Have you ever heard anything so absurd?

However, it was my birthday and I'm a big girl now, so I thought I'd try something new. Turns out fruit on cheese and crackers is not so bad. Pepperjack and green apple is downright tasty. But if the truth be told, next time I'll take Korean barbecue for my birthday feast...

No comments:

Post a Comment