Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Bathhouse Experience, Part 3 (14 Oct 2008)

If you look through my blogs (including the ones that are no longer open to the public, you may think to yourself that there IS no 'Bathhouse Experience' Part 1 or 2. That's because they happened before I started writing blogs, in Korea (where I got naked in semi-public regularly) and in Japan. Korean and Japanese bathhouses are quite similiar, and I'm not going to go into the particulars of them right now, because that's not what this blog is about. This blog is about the Turkish bath, where I went on my own because Belinda doesn't believe in public bathing.

By bath, they mean shower, and by shower, they mean you sit next to the sink that the water flows into and splash yourself with water you gather in a pan. A little misleading. However, what with the pretty faucets and pans, and beautiful architecture (dating back to 1500-something), you can pretty much overlook that.
We went to the Blue Mosque this morning, and found it to be very cool. We didn't even have to wrap our heads, which is weird, for a mosque. In half an hour the bus that takes us to the bus for Canukkale gets here, and I'm pretty excited about that. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment