Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fire-Kissed

Just call me a wildling girl, because I'm on the wrong side of the wall, and I hate to break it to you Starks, but winter ain't coming...it's already here.
We've had snow a few times in the last couple of weeks, but they've been short, erratic bursts that are over before they begin.  It's definitely been cold, but not that cold.  Well, that's changed.  I looked out the window this morning and the snow was coming down, with little drifts in the parking lot, so of course, I went out to the balcony at the end of the hall to take a picture.  This really shouldn't come as a surprise, I guess.  I've been thankful that the "warm" weather has lasted as long as it has, but the city finally turned their hot water on this past week (messing with the school-administered hot water) and it has been too hot to sleep under my down comforter as a result (I suppose I'll be thankful for it as the mercury continues to drop.)  The really funny thing is, we decided to do a fire drill today, before the weather got any colder, so I guess it's a good thing that we decided to do a proper cold-weather fire drill, in which we bring the kids over to the residence building.  Anyways, times they are a changing - thought y'all ought to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment