Thursday, October 18, 2012

Grub Club: Luna Blanca

This week has been ridiculously long.  This week has felt longer than any week since school started.  I'm very disappointed in this week.  Bad, bad week.  This might have contributed to me being in a sulk last night, but there were other factors.  Needless to say, by the time I got to Luna Blanca - I say "I" because I allowed myself to be separated from my buddies and ended up going to the wrong vegetarian restaurant (there are two of them within a block of each other) - I didn't particularly consider myself to be fit company for anyone.  And THEN I found out this "healthy" restaurant didn't serve coke!  If ever I needed a coke, it was then.  I turned around and left the restaurant.
 
 And after I bought myself a couple cokes at the shop two doors down, I came back.  I mean, I may not have been fit for company, but I was hungry.  And I'd seen Sichuan tofu on the menu, and I love me some tofu.  You can see my coke there - I felt like quite the infidel, bringing something so unhealthy into a place that advertises having "healthy food."  Seriously, their drinks were all smoothies and juices and feel good shit like that.  Even the one beer they had was non-alcoholic.  I mean, what's the point of that?  The tofu was good, although there was quite a bit of stuff to eat around (peppercorns and red pepper skins).  The salad in the background is PE's - it looked delicious.
However, next time we go back (if we go back - it took a loooooong time before everyone had eaten) I believe I'll have the dumpling platter.  They were amazing (a couple of my buds shared, in spite of my bad mood).

On a related but separate note, my eating habits have rapidly gone downhill since we got paid a month ago, and I haven't been feeling too sexy.  On a whim I decided to borrow the key to the dance room after school today and ended up practicing for the better part of an hour.  This was the first time I've danced in a good long while, and at first it was kind of painful, seeing in the mirrors exactly what I've let myself become.  But then I got over it, and really remembered why I love belly dance so much.  I left feeling worked out with that nice sweat smell (yes, my sweat smells nice), and didn't feel hungry.  I need to do this more often.

1 comment:

  1. How come my nick name is "PE"? So unpredictable! ;)

    ReplyDelete