Sunday, December 9, 2012

'Tis the Season: Grub Club Special Edition

Okay.  So you may have noticed I failed to deliver a food post this week.  That's because we went to Hazara restaurant, which, while delicious, is nothing I haven't been to before (over and over and often had delivered in fact)...so I forgot to take pictures.  So in lieu of that, let me report on our staff Christmas party at The Garden, in...Japan Town?...ie, probably the most awesome Christmas party.  Ever.
Because you know when you walk in and see one of these, it's gonna be a good, good night.  Actually, they didn't turn it on but by the end Five and I decided we didn't care and started dipping out of the bottom, and that was good enough! 
The food was served buffet style, and it was really good, but I didn't take any pictures of it.  I probably should have, but I was too busy eating at first, and then I was too busy taking pictures.  Because apparently we can't just have a staff dinner - oh no, we have to have entertainment.  I ended up being part of the entertainment, first by singing "The Christmas Song," and then by taking place in the drawing contest (in which a partner and I had to draw a Christmas tree, blindfolded.
Not bad, eh?  This was part of a 3 round Christmas contest: trivia, drawing, and dance.  Dance, you say?  Why yes.  Every table had to pick a couple to get up and participate in a 6 minute dance off.  Hilarity ensued...
Domestic Goddess, Fire Marshall, and Mad Science are all shakin' their groove thangs, as you can see.  Fearless Leader was dancing his blues away, as well, but you can't see him in this shot.  Never let it be said that I hang out with dull people.
Japan Town, I asked before.  I take it back.  Yes, it WAS in Japan Town, and this proves it.  I took the early bus home, but before I left I had the unenviable task of figuring out how the hell to flush the toilet.  Strangely enough, I never wrote much about toilets before Mongolia, and now I seem to do so about once a month.  Hmm.  Anyways, I'll leave you on that note.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't figure out how to flush that darn thing either! I pushed a lot of buttons first.

    ReplyDelete