Thursday, January 31, 2013

Grub Club: Han Gang

It has been a terrible, horrible, no-good, very-bad week.  Hundreds of reports to write, a kick in the teeth from SADD, and I had to stay at school late (and by late, I mean til 8 - I've been at school til 5:45-7 every other night this week) tonight for the National Honor Society induction ceremony.  Don't get me wrong - I love my kids and I am normally the first person to attend an event to support them.  But I am drained and I am asking myself who the hell put the damn thing in the middle of reports (one class of which I had to re-enter for the fourth time because some of us can't just let bloody sleeping dogs lie).  Gah!
Normally Grub Club is something I look forward to, and I did this week as well, because it was Korean and I love me some Korean food.  However, in retrospect, I think I would have been better off sitting this one out, because I need more decompression/alone time than I've got this week.  Enough bitching.  Han Gang started by serving up some delicious pancheon (side dishes) - we had about a dozen refills of the pancake, altogether.  Their kimchi was really good, too.
I was dying for some dolsot bibimbap and kimchi jjigae myself, so I had both, and Geek (I finally came up with a nickname for her, although she's been lurking in these posts since October) ordered some mandu which rounded out the experience for me.  I suggested she try the chap chae, and she really liked it.  I tried some and it definitely passed the test.
Fire Marshall and Domestic Goddess ran late, thanks to a last minute basketball emergency, so I ordered a couple of things for them, including bulgogi, which was a big hit.  It had a nice, slightly sweet flavor, and the vegetables were awesome.
PE ordered fish.  I'm not into fish, so I didn't try it, but she liked it.  Apparently they do it really well.

I'm not sure when I'll write a new post.  I have some fun times coming up in the next week (the Winter Palace and hopefully wrestling, and the Harbin Snow and Ice Festival over our Tsagaan Sar long weekend), but I'm a little worn out from writing said report cards.  So I make no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment