Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Grub Club: Silk Road Reboot

This is the last grub club post I need to do before I'm totally caught up and can let the vacay blogging begin.  I'm pretty sure that it was Champ who picked Azurro for us to try that night, but when Blondie got there (ahead of us - Engrish, Champ, Lil' Miss Catwalk, and I all had meetings that went way too late), they were closed, and the general consensus was that we'd try Silk Road again.
The closed down in the last half year or so to remodel, and some of us hadn't been there since (Champ and Lil' Miss Catwalk had, and I think that's why they decided to go there instead of some other good choices...they were hoping for a win).  Some of the food was delicious.
Since it's been a freaking long time since this all happened I can't actually tell you about all the dishes.  People were generally quite satisfied with what they'd ordered, and we liked the ambiance in general, although it was kind of cold, especially in the bathroom, which you actually kind of needed a coat to use.
I went for the pulled pork sandwich.  I'm a sucker for a good pulled pork, but this one was just so-so.  I mean, don't get me wrong, it's better than noodles and mutton, but it didn't give me that euphoric feeling of invinicibility that I sometimes get from really good food (ask me about my trip to On the Border and Krispy Kreme last Sunday in Seoul...mmmm...)  At any rate the overall impression was that they'd improved since our original visit and that we'd go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment